Sunday, July 3, 2011

“Nathan, it’s been said that there’s one word that will free us from the weight and the pain of life, and that world is love. And I believe that. That doesn’t mean that it hasn’t been hard, or that it won’t be, it just means that I’ve found a stillness and bravery in my self, with you. You make me brave. And I will love you until the end of time. This I vow today.” ~Haley James Scott

“Last year we stood on a beach, and I told you how much I loved you and how I would always, always protect you. That day, nobody believe that this would work. But I don’t think anybody understand the love that I had for you, because if they did, they would have never doubted us. So, I wanted to marry you all over again, in front of most of our world, because today, when I look into your eyes, my love for you only grows. It’s even stronger now. And our love will never waver. This I vow to you, today and always, and forever.” ~Nathan Scott   S3/E22


"The last time I gave a speech about Nathan and Haley was, well, at their first reception. And I remember saying, “Prepare to be surprised.” Well, I have to say, even I was surprised. Because, you see, they do something that’s very rare to see in someone our age. Actually, it’s very rare to see in anybody. They give their hearts to each other, unconditionally. And that’s what true love really is. It’s not this fairy-tale life that never knows pain, but it’s two souls facing it together, and diminishing it with unconditional love. To Nathan and Haley Scott."  ~Lucas Scott 


"I’m not the most eloquent speaker, so I thought I would borrow a few words from Shakespeare. “Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds.” When life gets hard, when things change, true love remains the same. I look at Nathan and Haley and somehow I feel safer. I don’t know if I can explain that, but they give me hope. And I’m afraid to say it out loud, because maybe if life finds out, it’ll try to beat it out of them. And that would be a shame, because we all can use a little hope sometimes, you know? That feeling that everything is gonna be okay, and that there’s gonna be someone there to help make sure of that. So here’s to Nathan and Haley. Here’s to hope. And here’s to a love that will not alter."  ~Brooke Davis  S3/E22